- Students must be enrolled at a university/college at time of submittal.
- Students must have co-oped at least once between January 1, 2013 and December 31, 2013.
- Entries are accepted any time between February 16, 2014 and March 16, 2014.
- Submitter must identify which category they are entering (Projects, People, or Perks). Only one submission per category will be accepted per university Co-op program/office or Career Center (Must be an OCEA member school).
- Submitter should use their best writing skills. OCEA retains the right to edit entries for proper grammar and spelling.
- All submissions will be approved by the students’ institution before judging process.
- Submissions become the property of the students’ educational institution, OCEA, and the Ohio Board of Regents and may be used for promotional purposes beyond the contest.
- A criteria sheet will be utilized for the judging process. All entries will be judged by the Ohio Cooperative Education Association Awards and/or Executive Board Committee.
- Submissions must have a title for the entry.
- Each submission must include at least one photograph. Each photo must have a caption.
- Entries must answer the question “Why is the Co-op Cool?” in one of three Categories – is it the “Projects” you have worked on, the “People” you have met, or the “Perks” you have received?
- Entries must be 300 words or less (this is about a paragraph). Keep it short, but utilize examples when possible.
- Entries must include identifying information so we will be able to find the students and give them their prize (all fields are required on the attached profile information page).
OCEA Cool Co-op Award 2014 Submission Form
Winners will receive prizes valued at a minimum of $50 each. Number of winners and value amount of prizes will be dependent on the quality and total number of submissions.
Winners will also receive recognition at the 2014 OCEA Conference luncheon.
- Submissions: February 16 - March 16
- Entries must be received by 11:59 pm, March 16, 2014
- Institution notification of submissions: March 17
- Note: If more than one submission is received per category, per Career Center or Co-op Office, submissions will be sent to the institution for review. The institution will decide on the top submissions (one per category). Final institution "approved" submissions must be received by March 23.
- Committee Review: March 24 - 31, 2014
- Notification to the winners: April 1, 2014