The Ohio Cooperative Education Association recognizes the vital role of employers who provide employment and learning opportunities for co-op students. Employers who maintain high quality co-op programs can be nominated for the Distinguished Employer Award.
· Consideration will be given to Ohio Cooperative Education Association members and non-members.
· Employers nominated will be considered for the award based on the criteria set forth. Multiple awards can be given in one year. There is no restriction on how often an employer can receive a Distinguished Employer Award.
· The award winners must demonstrate a clear history of active involvement in cooperative education programs by maintaining an active co-op program for three or more consecutive years.
Criteria for Selection:
· Historical Perspective: how the organization demonstrates ongoing support for cooperative education. The criteria for selection may include years of program existence (minimum 3 consecutive years), size of program, majors involved, etc.
· Quality Student Assignments: how the staff of the organization promotes and supports the ideals of cooperative education through quality student assignments. The criteria may include: quality of work assignments, opportunity for advancement, concern for the learning outcomes of work assignments, etc.
· Cooperative Education Support: how the organization provides special assistance and opportunities to co-op students and the institutions they represent. The criteria for selection may include: administers and supports a diverse co-op program, contributes to professional organizations, provides training programs, etc.
· Additional Evidence: a statement of other noteworthy achievements may be included.